Creating Progress Bars for DataView WebPart

Hi,

I had a requirenment to display tasks in a Dataview WebPart, grouped by a field (milestone in my case) . Also I had to create the Progress Bars for all the Tasks under the group, along with a main Progress bar (next to group name )to tell the progres of the whole group.


Target:

(click on the image)










To add Progress bar for each task add the below in dataview's xslt (add lines below %column display). You would need to upload Progressbarimage in images library.



To Calculate the over all Percentage(%) for the whole group and display the main\group progress bar, I have used Group header and nodeset parameter.

(click on the image)


The bar is displayed according to the [% complete] column in the task. Upload

To add a new task for a perticular group, I have created ""link for a NewTask.aspx form which will pre-populate the milsestone(group name field) so that the task looks like being added under that group.
(Please see :
http://spff.codeplex.com/




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

This is a personal weblog. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of my employer or anyone else. Should you have any questions or concerns please e-mail me at sharepointprogrammingblogger@gmail.com .

Copyright (c) 2010 @ myshaepointwork.blogspot.com. All rights are reserved.Do Not Copy.

@ Learning SharePoint.com